International Students | Strayer University (2024)

Submitting your information,
this may take a few seconds...

Earn a world-class education with Strayer

Congratulations on taking the first step toward your educational goals. For over 130 years, we’ve been helping students get an education that doesn’t just change lives but unlocks possibilities. Our commitment to your success means you’ll have support every step of the way.

At Strayer, you’ll find:

  • More than 50 campuses across America, providing community, classes and resources
  • Flexible degree programs with industry-relevant coursework that allow you to take classes in person and online
  • Cost-saving opportunities, including an International Student Scholarship that offers 25% off tuition

Our application process is simple, and once you apply or fill out an information request, an admissions officer will reach out to you to answer your questions and guide you through enrollment.

Request Information

How to apply as an international student

Whether you’re planning to apply to Strayer as an undergraduate, graduate or transfer student, you’ll find information you need to make the process go smoothly.

Apply now

International admission requirements include:

  • Completed Student Application for Admission
  • Proof of English proficiency
  • Completed emergency contact information form
  • Copy of passport valid at least six months after your desired Strayer start date

Additional requirements for:

  • Undergraduate applicants
  • Graduate applicants
  • Transfer applicants

A transcript evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, showing proof of U.S. high school diploma equivalency.

A transcript evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, showing proof of U.S. baccalaureate degree equivalency. Ask your admissions officer about our complimentary transcript evaluation service.

  • Copies of your previous I-20s from all previous attended schools (all pages)
  • A printed I-94 Form (front and back)
  • Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
  • Copy of your U.S. visa
  • Copy of your passport
  • Copy of any previous EAD cards (front and back)
  • Completed F-1 Transfer Request Form – only applicable if you are in the U.S. on an F-1 visa

Information for F-1 students

How to provide proof of requirements

Make connections on campus

Join our growing community of international students on campus. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with your peers, get on-site support and learn in person.

Select courses are available on campuses. Connect with us to learn more about specific course offerings at each location.

Find your campus

Connect with admissions

Frequently asked questions

Request Information

Does Strayer offer international student services?

Yes! Wherever you study, you’ll have an admissions officer and student services coach in your corner to support you from the application process to graduation.

You can access student support, career services, financial aid guidance and more

Learn more

Are there scholarships for international students?

Yes, we offer a variety of scholarships for eligible international students at every grade level. For example, you may be able to:

  • Get 25% off select graduate or undergraduate degree programs with our International Student Scholarship.
  • Save up to 25% off the cost of your bachelor’s with the Strayer Graduation Fund. Eligibility rules and restrictions apply.
  • Get your bachelor’s fully funded by applying to the Irene Cook Stallard Scholarship after completing your associate degree

Connect with your admissions officer for details.

Can I take all my classes online?

F-1 students can only take one course per quarter online. All other courses must be completed in person at a Strayer campus.

International students who do not hold an F-1 visa may be able to take some or all of their courses online.

All Strayer support services are accessible in-person or entirely online for all students.

See how online learning works

How do I submit my transcripts?

Transcripts may differ around the world, so they will need to be evaluated by an outside organization to determine U.S. equivalency.

Strayer offers a complimentary transcript evaluation service. After you submit your application, you’ll have access to the service, and our international admissions officers will be available to walk you through the process.

Do you support Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 visa students?

Yes, Strayer supports OPT request forms and Form I-20 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. OPT allows you to work and earn income in an area related to your major field of study while you’re attending school and after you graduate. Application terms and conditions apply. Connect with us for details.

Do you offer housing?

While Strayer doesn’t offer housing, your DSO can help you navigate the process of finding housing.

Submitting your information,
this may take a few seconds...

International Students | Strayer University (2024)


Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Reed Wilderman

Last Updated:

Views: 6429

Rating: 4.1 / 5 (72 voted)

Reviews: 87% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Reed Wilderman

Birthday: 1992-06-14

Address: 998 Estell Village, Lake Oscarberg, SD 48713-6877

Phone: +21813267449721

Job: Technology Engineer

Hobby: Swimming, Do it yourself, Beekeeping, Lapidary, Cosplaying, Hiking, Graffiti

Introduction: My name is Reed Wilderman, I am a faithful, bright, lucky, adventurous, lively, rich, vast person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.